Feb 9, 2011

January Paintings No. 40 Through No. 45

Many of you know that I am getting ready for my first solo exhibition in Danbury, CT. The news, which I found out just before Christmas, took me by a huge surprise, and of course I jumped with joy. MY FIRST SOLO EXHIBITION! What a great gift, right?

But, I really didn't realize what I have gotten into. One day in the beginning of January, I heard, that I will need about fifty paintings. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as I was saying "Fifty paintings?"At first, I didn't believe it. So I drove to Danbury to see, where the exhibition will take place. Actually, the exhibition will take place in two buildings. That I knew, but I did not realize how much wall space will be available for my art. When I saw "City Center" walls (in Danbury on Main Street), I didn't panic. 
"I'll have to paint couple more paintings and the space will be filled. I can do it,"  I thought. 
Then I took a short walk up the hill to the Town Hall, where where more wall space was available for my art, right next to mayor's office. And that is when I started panicking. I walked around the walls while looking at the Eric Gottschalk's images on the walls leading toward mayors's office. And then.... I looked around the corner and there was more wall space and more of Eric's images. I stood there and stared at the two additional long walls. I decided to take pictures with my cell phone for my reference to the available wall space, then I looked at and enjoyed Eric images (I fell in love with three of them) and hurried home. While I was driving, I was thinking that I will have to be very organized and manage my time well in order not to get distracted from thinking about my art. Only that way I can pull it off.

Here I am, one month later, and my body of work is slowly growing. I am moving forward. I think I can do it, since I am thinking about my art and painting it just about "around the clock". Fortunately, I have an understanding family. 

Below are paintings (some abstract, some pop art) finished in January (which I didn't publish yet).


"Kyvadlo"
Dimensions: 18" x 18" x 1.5"
Acrylic on canvas
2011





"Up"
Dimensions: 18" x 18" x 1.5"
Acrylic on canvas
2011



"Hairstyles" theme on a smaller scale.


"Blond"
Dimensions: 24" x 18" x 7/8"
Acrylic on canvas
2011





"Electra"
Dimensions: 24" x 18" x 7/8"
Acrylic on canvas
2011





"Monika"
Dimensions: 24" x 18" x 7/8"
Acrylic on canvas
2011


© 2011 Bronislava Slagle, All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment