Nov 28, 2010

No. 30 - "Interlocking no. 1"

I think of paintings that would be different quite often. I think about art especially when I cannot sleep - that is the time when I think (IMHO) of interesting stuff. Hopefully you agree with me.

Not too long ago I thought of an interlocking painting that could practically never end. A painting I could always add more pieces onto. I created two paintings that are semi-published but not made public yet (I haven't photographed them yet), and from them I got inspired into this multicolor painting, which is made off 4 separate pieces.

What is interesting about these interlocking paintings is their continuity. The paintings can be displayed on a wall either separately (one small painting), or as many small paintings together as one's heart desires - thus creating one large painting.


"Interlocking no. 1 - A, B, C, D"
Dimensions: 36" x 36" x 1.5"
Acrylic on canvas
2010


Below, you can see these paintings as a stand alone art piece.


"Interlocking no. 1 - A"
Dimensions: 18"x18"x1.5"
Acrylic on canvas
2010










"Interlocking no. 1 - B"
Dimensions: 18"x18"x1.5"
Acrylic on canvas
2010










"Interlocking no. 1 - C"
Dimensions: 18"x18"x1.5"
Acrylic on canvas
2010










"Interlocking no. 1 - D"
Dimensions: 18"x18"x1.5"
Acrylic on canvas
2010









© 2010 Bronislava Slagle, All Rights Reserved 




No comments:

Post a Comment