Note: Many people already put up tutorials about how to start your Google+ Page. If you need to learn, please see the video all the way below my post.
I have been exploring extensively Google+ in the past several days. I have learned, for example, that if you upload images to your Google Blog, they are automatically uploaded to your Picasa account (that is if you do not use ie. Flicker URL or such). However, if you upload images to your Google+ Page they get uploaded into "Google User Content" area, which I still have to find out where that possibly may be. Some people say it is same as Picasa - and yes, when I uploaded my images from my computer to my blog or my Google+ personal account they are in my Picasa file. However, the images that I uploaded from my computer to Google+ Page I just cannot see in my Picasa account. Although, the icon next to the URL address of each picture is that of Picasa. Hmmm.
But, let's move on. I would love to explain in plain language how to tie your Google+ Page to your personal web site in order to get VERIFIED, which should increase your visibility on the Internet.
- Create a Google+ Page (if you haven't done so) - see the video at the bottom of this post
- Open your Google+ HOME Page and copy your number from your URL address (see image below)
- In another window open a link https://developers.google.com/+/plugins/badge/config (see image below)
- (1) Paste your number into the rectangle area next to "configuration tool"; (2) chose a badge or an icon; the page generates for you two codes - (3) for your <head> </head> area in your HTML and another one (4) to be placed in the <body> </body> area in your HTML (where you want it - ie. under your menu) - see the image below for 1, 2, 3, 4 pointers
Note: if you do not know how to do this, you need to ask your web designer to do it for you
- See in images of my web site's HTML below how I placed (3) between <head> and </head> tags, and (4) between <body> and </body> tags into my HTML code. The (4) is actually placed just below the menu (see g+ icon in my last image)
- In the last image below you can see how the page will look like with the "g+" large icon below my menu
And here is the promised video of "How To Start Your Google+ (Business) Page"