Jan 7, 2011

No. 32 and No. 33 - "Cintia" and "Pearl Necklace"

This week I finished two more paintings (which I started last year before holidays) inspired by hair - "Cintia" and "Pearl Necklace". By now you probably guessed why I love to paint Hair Styles.

As a salon owner and a hairstylist in the Financial District in Manhattan I created many styles for many years - and made many clients very happy. I enjoyed being creative and my clients knew it. I often wonder where all my clients are - I really miss them.It's been so long that I am starting to forget their names, and that makes me sad.

Now, that I am client-less, and that my daughter is nearly independent and doesn't need my full attention any more, it is more than natural to paint the hairstyles nowadays - the similar hair styles I used to create once. I changed my scissors, razors, combs, brushes, flat irons, blow-drier, lightener, hair color, perms and styling gels and hairsprays for artist bushes and colors.


"Pearl Necklace"
Dimensions: 30" x 24" x 7/8"
Acrylic on canvas
2010

_________________________________________________________________



"Cintia"
Dimensions: 30" x 24" x 7/8"
Acrylic on canvas
2010



© 2010 Bronislava Slagle, All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment